Monday, March 15, 2010

Hey Girl, Lemme Get Those Digits.

Things changed just enough for us to become friends out of class. I got her number. You'll hear stories of how guys will be super smooth when they get a girl's number, or how a girl flirts just right, leading that lucky stallion to ask for her digits. Even now, a year later, I am still impressed with how I did it.
We have all done the thing where we play with our friends phones when they aren't using them. We could ask nicely if we can play their game of bubble breaker, or you could be sneaky and snatch it when they aren't paying attention, texting all the people in the phone book random things. I did the first, she did the second. I asked politely to use her phone so I could play one of her games. Ash, filched my cell when I wasn't looking. So, what we had here, was a cell phone Mexican standoff! I'll give you yours back when you give me mine. No way, you give me mine first, then you can have yours. Ha! In your dreams!
We went back and forth like that for a few minutes, until she was called on to do therapy on some football player. I sat around in the taping area, playing bubble breaker like some goon, when I was asked by Josh, I think it was Josh, to drive him to his car then to the soccer field. He always asked me to drive him because I always said yes. I put the not-my-phone in my pocket and forgot about it.
I made it half way to his car before Ash figured out how to text on my phone.
You have my phone YOU have my phone So? So Nah! You fail! No, you fail You fail at life Thats not very nice Go cry in the corner then :-P How rude! Your mom is rude.
And it went on like that till I got back and made a game out of calling each other failures when we lost at card, messed up on a tape job, or for any reason we could justify, no matter how lame. Some time during that Fail-o-thon, I figured out that I had just gotten her number. I didn't even have to ask, she gave it to me! I was stoked: I got the cell number of a girl I thought, more and more each day, was pretty cute. Bonus! She was just as weird as me. Super, awesome new friend for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment